Friday, June 6, 2008

Farnsworth...

I hate to post a semi-negative post the day after an exciting win, but I feel I must keep pointing out just how bad Kyle Farnsworth has been lately.

In his last 11 games, he has thrown 11.1 innings, giving up up 17 hits and 4 home runs for a 6.35 ERA (!!!) and opponets are hitting .328 off of him.

And how is this for a stat?

Over the whole season, the first batter he faces in the beginning of an inning is hitting .423 off of him, with 4 HRs. They're slugging .923 off of him.

All stats aside, people are starting to just feel like he can't handle the roll. Just like last season, every time he takes the mound, all of Yankee universe collectively holds it's breath.

I don't know that Ohlendorf, Veras or Edwar are a better option, but I know that I have no real faith in Farnsworth at this point.

No comments: